Anti-aging therapy, detox, paraffin therapy
Rehabilitations like anti-aging and paraffin aim to maximize the physical, mental, social and professional potential of a person with congenital physiological or anatomical deficiency. The purpose of this treatments is to give the individual as much independence as possible in his or her daily life. Where the competent doctor performs a thorough examination of the patient before starting treatment to determine the patient’s health and physiological condition and the result of the examination conducted by the physiotherapist and rehabilitation, the program of physical therapy and rehabilitation is carried out as required. In this program, during this treatment physical therapy tools, exercises, manual therapy, massage therapy, and other intra-joint injections where the doctor determines the methods to be used during rehabilitation and changes if necessary. During rehabilitation, the causes of the disease are explained to the patient and precautions are taken to avoid deterioration of the patient’s condition and to ensure full access to treatment.
Treatments used in rehabilitation programs:
There is a wide range of treatments used in the rehabilitation process whether patients or victims of different accidents and each type of treatment has a specific area or specific conditions to be treated and through specialized experts can determine an integrated program to suit the situation of each patient and the most important of these treatments:
Anti-aging treatments are specifically designed to reduce the appearance of wrinkles, fine lines and sagging skin. These treatments are commonly performed on parts of the body that are more susceptible to symptoms of premature aging such as the face, neck and hands.
Depending on the case, treatment options range from over-the-counter anti-aging products such as creams and lotions to Botox injections and highly invasive surgical procedures such as facial cosmetic operations. Each option comes with certain risks, so it is important for patients to have a thorough discussion with skin care and anti-aging specialists before undergoing any type of treatment.
Who should undergo anti-aging?
Anti-aging treatments are highly recommended for those exposed to wrinkles and fine lines, as well as those with loose skin and sagging. People who usually benefit from these treatments are people who are at least 30 years old. Research suggests that this technique is more popular among females, yet an increasing number of male patients are now beginning to appreciate the benefits of anti-aging treatments.
Anti-aging treatments work in different ways, but are mostly geared towards restoring the skin’s natural collagen supply. Collagen, a protein found in connective tissues, is responsible for maintaining skin freshness. Which tends to deteriorate in the body over time due to age. Today, there are various techniques used to stimulate collagen production where side effects such as damage to the upper layer of the skin are greatly reduced.
Expected results may vary depending on the type of treatment and the type of substance used. The most common types of ingredients in anti-aging treatments include:
- Retinol: Derived from vitamin A, retinol is a lighter form of retinoid. Although it may take several weeks to produce actual results, it has been shown to be extremely effective in reducing wrinkles, opening pores, reducing the appearance of brown age spots and improving overall skin tissue.
- Hyaluronic acid: it is a moisturizer and a substance that pulls water out of the air, making it a natural and highly effective moisturizer. Therefore, it works great to moisturize the skin, and is found not only in anti-aging medications, prescriptions and cosmetic treatments, but also in non-prescription preparations.
- Niacinamide: Works by preventing melanin from becoming visible. Overproduction of melanin causes pigmentation in the skin, which can cause sunspots and other unsightly signs. Vitamin B3 derivative is commonly used to treat acne scars, age spots and sun spots by reducing them so that they become less visible.
How does anti-aging treatment work?
Anti-aging treatments with their various techniques aim to achieve the same results to achieve younger, smoother and more beautiful skin.
The most popular actions nowadays are:
- Fractional CO2 Laser Skin Resurfacing: The gold standard in wrinkle removal is widely favored by both patients and anti-aging specialists, not only because it offers great and fast results but also because it does not come with severe side effects. The treatment uses light rays of energy penetrating small holes in the skin, which accelerates the production of natural collagen in the body. Unlike conventional techniques, this procedure produces exceptional results without damaging the upper layer of the skin. As such, healing time is reduced. However, redness and swelling are expected for one to two days after the operation.
- Wrinkle Injection: The technology behind the injection of wrinkles has improved dramatically over the years and revolutionized the anti-aging field. Injection of wrinkles works by filling the skin to prevent the appearance of cavities caused by the natural loss of skin elasticity due to aging. This is why they are called wrinkle fillers or dermal fillings. Fillings now come in many types, depending on the brand, such as Perlane, Artifill, Radiesse and Juvederm. The best fillers these days are those that contain hyaluronic acid, which prevents collagen from collapsing. Therefore, regardless of filling the skin, treatment also naturally helps to keep the aging process suspended for one to two years.
- Botox injections: Various forms of botulinum toxin are used to cause temporary paralysis (effects lasting about six to eight months) in muscle activity to prevent the appearance of wrinkles, and frown lines between the eyebrows and the forehead.
- Facelift: Perhaps the most comprehensive anti-aging method, face lift requires surgical lifting of the facial skin surgeon, re-roll on the face, and tighten and soften during the operation. It is a surgical procedure that offers guaranteed results. It is often combined with other actions to achieve exceptional results.
Complications and potential risks
The risks and complications of anti-aging treatments are very rare, but all treatments come with some risks and some side effects. However, these symptoms can be minimized and even eliminated completely by consulting skin care and anti-aging specialists.
The most common side effects are:
- Skin irritation
- Sensitivity to sunlight
- Allergic reaction
What is detoxification?
Detox diets are short-term diet interventions designed to eliminate toxins from the body. The traditional detoxification diet includes a period of fasting, followed by a strict diet of fruits, vegetables, fruit juices and water. Sometimes, detoxification also includes herbs, teas, supplements, colon cleaning or enemas. Which helps to:
- Organ comfort by fasting
- Stimulate the liver to get rid of toxins
- Promote the elimination of poison through feces, urine and sweat
- Improved circulation
- Providing the body with healthy nutrients
Detox treatments are recommended due to possible exposure to toxic chemicals in the environment or in the diet. These include contaminants, synthetic chemicals, heavy metals and other harmful compounds.
It is also claimed that these meals help in the treatment of various health problems, including obesity, digestive problems, autoimmune diseases, infections, allergies, bloating and chronic fatigue.
The most common ways to detoxify
There are many ways to do a detox diet ranging from fasting to complete hunger to simple dietary adjustments. Most detox systems involve at least one of the following:
- Fasting for 1-3 days.
- Drink fresh fruit and vegetable juices, water and tea.
- Drink only specific liquids, such as salted water or lemon juice.
- Get rid of foods rich in heavy metals, contaminants and allergens.
- Take supplements or herbs.
- Avoid all allergenic foods, then slowly re eat them.
- Use laxatives that cleanse the colon or enemas.
- Exercise regularly.
- Stay away from alcohol, coffee, cigarettes and refined sugar.
What toxins are discarded?
The human body is able to cleanse itself through the liver, stool, urine and sweat. The liver collects toxic substances and then ensures that they are released from the body.
However, there are some chemicals that may not be easily removed by these processes, including pops (POPs), diphenol (BPA), and heavy metals that tend to accumulate in fatty tissue or blood and can take a very long time and may last for years until the body can get rid of them.
Generally, there is little evidence that a detox diet helps eliminate any of these compounds.
How effective are these meals?
Some people report that they feel more focused and energetic during and after detox diets. However, this improved well-being may be simply due to the elimination of processed foods, alcohol and other unhealthy substances from the diet and the patient may also receive vitamins and minerals that they previously lacked.
Its effects on weight loss
Very few scientific studies have researched how detox diets affect weight loss. While some people may lose a lot of weight quickly, this effect seems to be due to the loss of fluids and carbohydrate stores rather than fat. This weight is usually restored quickly once the body is cleaned.
A study conducted on overweight Korean women examined the lemon detoxification diet, which consists of a combination of palm syrup and lemon juice for seven days, this diet significantly reduces body weight, body mass index, body fat ratio, waist-to-hip ratio, waist circumference, signs of inflammation, insulin resistance and widespread leptin levels.
If a detox diet involves severely restricting calories, it is certain to cause weight loss and improvements in metabolic health but is unlikely to help reduce weight in the long run.
Diet of detox and fasting in the short term
Many types of detox diets may have similar effects as those in short or intermittent fasting, as short-term fasting may improve the signs of various diseases in some people, including improved leptin and insulin.
Some aspects of detox systems may have health benefits, such as:
- Avoid food sources containing heavy metals and pops
- Loss of excess fat
- Exercise and sweat regularly
- Eat whole, nutritious and healthy foods
- Avoid processed foods
- Drink water and green tea
- Reduce stress, relax and get a good night’s sleep
Safety and side effects
Before doing any kind of detoxification, it is important to take into account the possible side effects.
Severe calorie restriction
Usually a detox diet recommends fasting or severe calorie restriction. Fasting in the short term and eating limited amounts of calories can lead to fatigue, irritability, and bad breath. Long-term fasting can lead to a lack of energy, vitamins and minerals.
Furthermore, colon cleansing methods, sometimes recommended during detoxification, can cause dehydration, cramping, bloating, nausea and vomiting.
Some detox systems may pose a risk of overdose of supplements, laxatives, diuretics and even water. In the worst case, labels of ingredients for detox products may be inaccurate. This can increase the risk of overdose, which can lead to serious effects.
Some people should not start any detoxification or calorie restriction regimens without first consulting a doctor. At-risk populations include children, adolescents, the elderly, malnourished, pregnant or nursing women, and people with hypoglycemia problems, such as diabetes or eating disorders.
What is paraffin wax?
Paraffin wax is a white or colorless solid wax. Made of saturated hydrocarbons. It is often used in salons to soften the skin and in spas on the hands, skin and feet because it is colorless, tasteless and odorless. It can also be used to relieve pain when arthritis and muscles.
What are the benefits of paraffin wax?
Cosmetic benefits: Aesthetically, paraffin wax is often used on the hands and feet. Wax is a natural minnow, helping to make the skin soft and soft. When applied to the skin it adds moisture and continues to enhance skin moisture levels after treatment is complete. It can also help open pores and remove dead skin cells. This may help make the skin look fresher and feel more smoothly.
Therapeutic Benefits: Paraffin is a key part of physical therapy and rehabilitation programs because it has medicinal properties in accelerating blood circulation and resting muscles and paraffin wax can be used to help relieve pain in the hands of people with:
- Rheumatoid arthritis
- Other shared navigation issues
Paraffin is a form of thermal therapy and can help increase blood flow, relax muscles, reduce joint stiffness as well as treat sprains.
How does paraffin treatment work?
Paraffin therapy is a form of deep thermal therapy. Liquefied paraffin wax is very effective in absorbing and maintaining heat. When the hand or foot is dipping, for example, in a paraffin bath, the heat travels from the wax to the affected area and when the wax freezes. Heat increases circulation and relieves pain and stiffness.
To help soften the skin, paraffin increases the blood supply to the skin, while also opening pores and trapping moisture into the skin’s core layers.
Are there side effects?
Paraffin wax is tested in the laboratory to make sure it is safe and healthy for use in the body. In addition, it is completely natural and has a low melting point, which means it can be easily applied to the skin at a temperature low enough to cause burns or blisters.
However, if the skin is highly sensitive, paraffin wax may cause a heat rash. Rashes lead to small red bumps on the skin that can be uncomfortable and cause itching in the skin.
Paraffin wax should not be used if the patient suffers from:
- Poor circulation
- Numbness in the hands or feet
- Any rash or open sores
If the patient has a chemical allergy, it may develop into a slight swelling that disappears over time.