Traditional facelift surgery and thread facelift
Facelift surgery is usually performed as an external procedure. It may involve local anesthesia, sedatives or general anesthesia. The procedure may take 2 to 5 hours, and a person can usually go home the same day after surgery.
In this process, the surgeon makes an incision in front of the ear, extending to the hair area as well as behind the ear to the hair-bearing scalp.
The surgeon then lifts the skin from the facial muscles and deep fat, gently pulls the skin in an upward and backward direction and removes excess skin. Your doctor may tighten the deep tissue of the face. A small incision may be made under the chin to tighten the skin and deep tissue in the neck, which is known as neck lift. The incisions are then closed with stitches. A drainage canal can be placed under the skin behind the ear for one or two days to remove any excess blood and fluid.
What happens before the operation?
Before surgery, the plastic surgeon will review the patient’s medical history and will look at:
The level of blood pressure, medications used by the patient and the doctor should know if the patient smokes cigarettes or uses drugs and if he is allergic to certain substances or medications, as well as examine the condition of the skin, scars and sagging in it. Your doctor will discuss with the patient what surgery will include, where it will occur, what type of anesthesia is used, the healing period, and possible complications that may occur.
New surgical techniques
New ways are constantly being developed to improve cosmetic procedures. Many of these procedures claim to make recovery faster and easier, but they are often minor modifications to traditional cosmetic procedures. Some laser techniques are sometimes used to perform a neck lift, called laser neck tightening, as a way to suction fat in the jaw and neck. The operation is often performed under the influence of a local anesthetic, with a 1-inch incision under the chin. Lasers are used to dissolve some fat under the chin and to tighten the skin while healing in a tighter way. Endoscopy can be used in facelifts and eyebrow lifts. Using small cameras allows the operation to be performed through smaller incisions, which means less tissue trauma and faster healing time.
The anterior skin can be lifted through a small incision in the front hair line. They are then lifted and secured into deep tissues to prevent further sagging or drooping. Liposuction can also remove the axial deposits of fat in the face, usually between the chin and the neck. This can be done as part of the cosmetic procedure itself, or as a separate procedure.
A mini-facelift is a less penetrating procedure that also aims to lift wrinkles and remove sagging skin in the lower part of the face. Since it has a small S-shaped incision around the ear, it is not suitable for treating neck sagging or excess skin. One of the advantages of this technique is that scarring and healing time may be shorter than in a traditional facelift.
People often combine facelift with eyelid surgery and other facial procedures.
What are the advantages of a facelift?
Facelift aims to create a smoother and more youthful appearance and one of the most important gains of this procedure:
- Removes and tightens sagging skin
- Reduces the pampering of the cheeks around the jawline
- Lifts the corners of the mouth
- Reduces wrinkles between cheeks and lips
- Incisions in front and behind the ear are usually not noticeable.
Research suggests that five and a half years after surgery, 21 percent of facelifts are declining, but 76 percent of people are still younger than they were before the operation.
In men, it may be difficult to achieve a normal appearance after surgery, because they have hair in front of their ears or their ears. If the sideburns are pulled back and up, it may seem a little strange.
In both men and women, a facelift can lead to a deformed earlobe. Also, if too much skin is removed, the face may appear to be receding, so be sure to have the experience of the doctor who is performing the procedure.
For best results, a person may need additional procedures, such as neck lift, eyelid surgery, liposuction, cheek fat removal, forehead tightening, eyebrow tightening, chemical or laser peeling, and cheek or chin implantation.
Top tips for a facelift
The following points should be discussed and considered before moving forward and deciding to undergo this process:
- Facelift surgery is not recommended for anyone with serious medical problems, and the candidate should have good mental and physical health.
- Patients with high blood pressure and diabetes have a higher risk of complications.
- Cigarette smoking and tobacco use increase the risk of complications after surgery as they can interfere with wound healing so a person considering a facelift should stop smoking completely or use nicotine products.
- It is important that the patient has reasonable expectations about the results of the operation and remember that the facelift will not stop the process of total aging.
- Good skin elasticity and proper bone structure give the best results.
- Patients should not refrain from taking aspirin or other blood-diluted medications for at least one week before surgery.
- Results are often permanent.
How long is recovery after the operation?
Most patients experience some discomfort, but medications can reduce side effects. Bruises and swelling will be at their worst after two days and can last for a few days. Stitches are removed about 5 to 10 days after surgery and recovery usually takes about two weeks and the patient can resume his normal activity and daily life after 4 weeks.
Incisions and bandages should be kept dry, and the patient should follow the specific instructions about bathing and washing.
It is also important to follow your doctor’s instructions, as this will speed up the healing process and allow the best possible outcome.
Numbness and muscle stiffness are normal for some time. Scars can take up to a year to fade and completely disappear.
It should be noted that although genetics plays a role, a healthy lifestyle with a balanced diet and adequate exercise can also help maintain the appearance of the skin.
Avoiding smoking, reducing alcohol intake, stress, exposure to sunlight, and direct contact with contaminants can all help prolong healthy skin appearance.
Face lift with strings
Fine lines, formed by gravity and age, tend to deepen due to bad weather, unhealthy eating habits, frequent weight gain and weight loss. All these factors not only lead to the formation of a line in the face, but also cause sagging skin in the cheeks, neck and face. You start to see change more clearly when you look at your old photos. Suing technology helps solve potential skin problems as a non-surgical rejuvenation procedure that replaces plastic surgery.
Also known as Spider Web Technology, a revolutionary newly developed technique, it is inspired by the spider web, which is the most powerful structure in nature and the most elegant.
This newly developed technique is used as an alternative to cosmetic surgery and is a safe and simple method for lifting, tightening and rejuvenating sagging areas with effective results. Unlike other cosmetic surgeries, patients can put on make-up and return to their daily activities immediately after the operation.
This safe technique can also be performed on any part of the body such as the neck, arms, breast and inner thighs.
This is done by placing Polydioxanone xin strands on the subcutaneous tissue by means of thin needles and knitting together under the skin. This leads to tissue reactions against these stitches, which are just as coherent as the results of the spider’s web in the production of collagen with the help of fibroblasts and growth factors.
The main principle of the Web
Polydioxanone filaments, which have been used in surgery for years, are used for thin needles to place them under the skin. The threads used in this technique have no side effects on the body and are woven like a spider’s web under the skin using very thin needles. The main principle of the beauty of spider tissue, which can be defined as a non-surgical facelift procedure, is a mechanism of action that reactivates collagen production in the body to compensate for the decrease in collagen in the tissues due to the factors mentioned earlier. Woven threads in the sagging area also provide a strong lift and tightening effect. The body reacts with threads and immediately begins to produce biological fibrous cells, collagen and elastin, which also compounds the lifting effect. The skin becomes fresh and tight. This is the point at which a facelift method is distinguished using a spider web method from other face lifting methods.
Why is the spider web the most preferred technology?
This technique provides the best results between non-surgical facial rejuvenation techniques, a fast and modern application that does not separate the patient from social life and does not cause any possible complications such as swelling or bruising that usually results from other surgeries. People who have undergone a spider web operation say they prefer this method because it “achieves a successful tissue lift with a simple process”, without interrupting their social life and allowing make-up to be made up immediately after the operation. The skin also begins to regenerate immediately after the operation and maintains its development depending on the type of skin, dietary habits and current age. Real results begin to appear from the third month and maintain the movement mechanism for an average of three years depending on the lifestyle. Moreover, its replicable nature is one of the reasons why people prefer this method over others.
In a way, it can be said that a facelift using spider web technology freezes age in young people. For example, if a person is 30 years old when undergoing the operation, he or she will still have the appearance of 30 when he or she is 35 years old. Repeated applications also stimulate the production of reduced collagen due to age, which helps to freeze age.
Who can benefit from the spider’s cosmetic procedure?
Since it is a non-surgical technique that can benefit anyone, regardless of whether it is a man or a woman, it helps to solve each of the following problems:
- Wrinkles and sagging on the face
- Wrinkles on and around the lower eyelid
- Deformities around the lips and mouth
- Low chin and neckline
- Desire to renew and lift facelifts
Who can undergo a cosmetic spider web operation?
- People who have wrinkles, sagging or deformity on their faces
- People who have suffered from fine lines
- People with wrinkles around their eyes and lips
- People with sagging in the chin and neck areas
- People who want to say “stop”, time and gravity
- People who want to rejuvenate
- People with skin sagging on their inner arms, inner legs, stomach, breast, genitals and other parts
Spider web technology features
- Apply a very effective facelift in a very short period of time
- Patients do not feel any pain
- Does not include any stitches, and there will be no scars
- The patient can return to his social life immediately after the procedure and the ladies can apply make-up immediately after the procedure
- Medical materials that dissolve in a timely manner are used
- Very effective on fine lines and wrinkles
- Repeatable application
- Supports collagen production from the skin
- Simple, reliable and risk-free application without any side effects
What are the most important recommendations after the operation?
- You do not need to use medical bandages for your skin after the operation.
- Applying ice can be recommended to prevent possible swelling.
- Since the procedure is performed in sterile conditions, there is no risk of infections or diseases.
- Women can use make-up materials provided they are clean after the procedure.
- Protect the skin from sunlight. The skin must be protected from harmful rays at all times.
- Our body forms its collagen network around the threads that have been stitched. The threads dissolve within 6 months and the tensile mechanism begins. Patience is required until the results of this process are reflected on the skin in a positive way. We can recommend food and beverages that will support collagen production. (Green vegetables and fruits rich in vitamins A and C).
- When adhering to these simple rules, the regeneration and decrease of wrinkles on the skin are observed in a short period of time.